The Premier Jewish Wedding Band
Mazal Tov!🥂Are you starting to plan your wedding and in search of the ultimate, musically diverse, and high-energy wedding band that will make your special day unforgettable? Look no further, because The Shuk is here to be your musical centerpiece.
As the premier Jewish wedding band, we take pride in setting the gold standard for wedding entertainment. From the sacred melodies of the chuppah (wedding ceremony) to the exhilarating hora (traditional circle dance) that ignites the dance floor, we craft the perfect soundtrack for every moment of your celebration. With a repertoire spanning rock, funk, jazz, R&B, hip-hop, swing, Israeli and Mizrahi beats, classic and contemporary hits, and so much more, The Shuk has you covered.
Contact us today and let us turn your wedding dreams into a musical reality. Your perfect day begins with the perfect band – The Shuk.
Amongst many other cities and locations across the world, we've performed at Jewish weddings and private events in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Cincinnati, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Herzliya, Haifa, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Zurich, Berlin, Moscow, Kyiv, Rome, Stockholm, Madrid, and Barcelona.
With our exceptional musicianship, passion for Jewish music traditions, and commitment to delivering an exceptional musical experience, we are your top choice for weddings worldwide.
Read what these lovely couples had to say about having The Shuk perform at their wedding
"Thank you! The band absolutely blew us away. The energy was awesome. We've been to a handful of weddings this summer. Nothing comes close to The Shuk band. We had guests come up to us all night telling us how amazing the band is. Y'all nailed it - nailed the simcha music, the American pop, the Israeli pop, the chuppah and cocktail music, all of it. Seriously, we loved every song. We can't stop talking about how great the band was. Thank you for making our Simcha [celebration] the party that we all needed. MAGIC. We can talk and talk about the band. :)"
Bess & Sam
Listen To The Shuk's Sample Setlist of Live Music
Step into a world of musical magic with The Shuk! Immerse yourself in the vibrant and high-energy repertoire we've curated for weddings that's as eclectic as it is moving. From pop and Hip-Hop to Jewish, Israeli, Mizrachi, Jazz, and beyond, our playlist of live music that we perform at weddings captures the essence of celebration. Explore the unique fusion of genres below, and remember, we're thrilled to customize our performance to cater to all music genres and song requests, ensuring your wedding is an unforgettable symphony of joy!
1. What sets The Shuk apart from other wedding bands?The Shuk offers a unique blend of talent, versatility, and professionalism. Our vast repertoire covers various musical genres, from the traditional hora wedding music, Israeli contemporary hits and and the classics, to Mizrachi music, Persian music, and all the funk, hip-hop, rock, jazz, classical, and much much more. This ensures there's something for everyone at your wedding. Our goal is to make your celebration, one of the most special day of your life, an unforgettable one that's tailored to your preferences! We've performed at weddings across the United States, Israel, and Europe from pluralistic, secular, non-denominational, gay, reform, conservative, conservadox, and orthodox and are experienced with all parts of the 'traditional' wedding and are more than happy to customize the music and elements of the wedding to meet your vision and desires.
2. How can we book The Shuk for our wedding?Booking The Shuk is easy! Simply visit our website or contact us directly through email, phone, WhatsApp, or complete the contact form above. We'll discuss availability, pricing, and any special requests you may have. Once the wedding date, and venue (location), and financial details are all confirmed, we'll send you an agreement for you to review and sign. We generally asked for a deposit upon signing and the remaining payment to be made on or around the date of the wedding.
3. Can we customize the playlist for our wedding?Absolutely! We encourage you to share your favorite songs and must-play tracks with us. We'll work closely with you to create a personalized playlist that matches your style and the atmosphere you want to create.
4. What types of events can The Shuk perform at?The Shuk specializes in weddings, but we're also available for other events such as corporate parties, anniversaries, birthday celebrations, and private gatherings. We'll adapt our performance to suit the occasion.
5. Does The Shuk provide its own equipment and sound system?Yes. For weddings in New York City and the northeast region of the United States along with weddings in Israel, we work closely with our own sound company that comes fully equipped with our instruments and a professional sound system to ensure the best sound quality for your wedding no matter the audience size. We'll coordinate with your venue regarding technical requirements. For weddings in other parts of the U.S., Europe, and elsewhere, we work with local sound companies.
6. How many band members are in The Shuk?The Shuk typically consists of 5 musicians for weddings and private events, including vocalists, instrumentalists (guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, and percussion) and a dedicated sound engineer with an assistant. Our lineup can be adjusted to fit your specific needs and we can also add additional instrumentation such as a violinist, saxophonist, clarinetist, harpist, female vocalist, and more.
7. What is the booking process and payment schedule? What is your wedding fee?After reaching out to us, we'll discuss your wedding details, including date, time, and venue. Once we confirm availability, we'll send you a contract with pricing information and payment schedules. A deposit is usually required to secure your booking. Please reach out to us to discuss the wedding fee according to your wishes and vision. As we're based in New York City and also have a cast of musicians in Israel, we are readily available for weddings across the United States.
8. Can The Shuk perform during the ceremony and reception?Certainly! The chuppah or wedding ceremony is arguably the most memorable element of the wedding day and we'll gladly coordinate together with you all your wishes in terms of the music and structure of the ceremony so that it meets your vision. For the cocktail hour and reception, we'll cater the live music selection to whatever you'd like. Let us know your preferences, and we'll tailor a package to suit your needs.
9. What attire will The Shuk wear for our wedding?We understand the importance of looking professional and matching your wedding theme. We'll coordinate our attire with you, ensuring we complement your chosen colors and style. We generally wear black blazers with a white-button shirt but open to fitting your wedding's style.
10. Does The Shuk travel for weddings?Yes, we're available to travel for weddings and events both within our local area (New York City and Israel) and beyond. We've performed at weddings and private events in Boston, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Baltimore, Miami, Los Angeles, Dallas, Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and across Europe (to name a few). So we're global :-)
11. Do you offer a backup plan in case a band member can't make it on our wedding day?We have a pool of amazingly talented musicians and backup members to ensure that your wedding day runs smoothly. We'll always have a plan in place to guarantee a fantastic performance of live music at your wedding.
12. Does The Shuk also offer DJ services?Yes! Aside from live music for cocktail hour, the ceremony (chuppah), and live dance sets, we also offer DJ services that couples often choose to have as an additional dance set later in the evening.
13. Does The Shuk offer an orchestra for weddings?We can certainly provide a more orchestral arrangement for your wedding should you like to have a strings section for your ceremony and/or reception which includes violin, cello, bass, harp, etc.
Unraveled Musical Expertise
The Shuk's band members are virtuoso musicians, each with a deep-rooted understanding of Jewish music traditions. From soulful Klezmer melodies to contemporary Israeli hits, we bring the richness of Jewish music to life with authenticity and skill.
The Shuk is not limited by borders. We're available to perform at weddings and private events in Israel, across the United States, and around the world. No location is too far for us to bring our music to your special occasion.
We boast an extensive and diverse repertoire that caters to all tastes and Jewish traditions. Whether it's the timeless melodies of a traditional Jewish wedding or the energy of modern Israeli songs to all types of music genres, we have it covered.
Dreaming of a destination wedding? Planning a private event abroad? Our band is well-versed in the logistics of international performances. We can seamlessly handle the legal and logistical aspects, ensuring your celebration is a 'musical masterpiece.'
At The Shuk, we're not just a band; we're memory-makers. Our commitment is to make your wedding or private event truly extraordinary. When you choose us, you're choosing excellence, professionalism, and a musical journey that will be remembered for a lifetime.
Ready to experience the best in Jewish wedding and event entertainment? Contact us today to discuss your event, check our availability, and let's start planning the musical experience of your dreams. No matter where you are in the world, The Shuk is here to make your celebration unforgettable.